Dells Materials Company provides Ready-Mix Concrete and Aggregate Hauling in Minnehaha, Lake and Moody Counties. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a clean driving record. Willing to train on mixers. Class B CDL or better.
Ready-Mix Drivers would operate a vehicle that is 26,001 GVW or greater. The employee would drive a heavy-duty gasoline or diesel-powered tandem, rear axle, single unit truck used to haul ready-mix, aggregate, water, materials and/or equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure the mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- May oil, grease, or otherwise service and make necessary adjustment of equipment as needed.
- Perform daily driver inspection and report any problems to your supervisor or the fleet manager.
- Appropriately secure items for transport.
- Maintain truck log according to government regulations as required.
- Responsible for complying with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as Company Safety Policies.
- Inspect truck and construction equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water.
- Drivers are responsible for payment of fines and/or penalties received while driving Company vehicles and/or equipment (examples include seatbelt violations, speeding, over-weight, over-width, etc.)
- May operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Must be willing to participate in Company wide safety goals.
Qualifications & Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required; B CDL required.
- Tanker endorsement and medical card optional.
- Forklift Operator (provided by the Company)
- Ability to work well with other people.
- Equipment operator experience helpful.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Position is subject to seasonal winter layoff period.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and taste or smell.
- The employee must be able to get in and out of trucks and/or equipment multiple times during the course of the day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Below are some of the benefits Dells Materials offers their employees, eligibility requirements may apply:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment / Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Work Boot Reimbursement
- Savings Bonus Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
Dells Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage and value a diverse workforce. Dells Materials is a Drug Free workplace; pre-employment drug screen required; pre-employment physical may be required. We use E-Verify. Dells Materials Company is looking for honest, hard-working men and women who love solving problems and working with people.
****All application and pre-employment screening communications are sent to the email address you provide when applying.****