The internship program is designed specifically for full time Vo-Tech or College students who want to gain real life experiences and enjoy a variety of different work types and locations.
- This internship will advance the individual’s knowledge of construction service/maintenance operations as well as their own trade skills. Experience and knowledge of field activities is the backbone to success at any position with BXCC
- The Mechanic Intern will be expected to work alongside other shop and field employees both in the shop and on the jobsite.
- Interns are expected to be contributing members to the BXCC team, this is not a shadow program.
- The Shop & Field Mechanic Intern may be expected to travel during the work week. Including:
- Traveling to jobsites to service and/or work on a variety of equipment
- Working on company vehicles and equipment in shop
- Assist with local Ready Mix deliveries (must have Class B CDL or willing to obtain one)
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys a variety of jobs and types of equipment
- Can “Think outside the box”
- Willing to work on site and not just in a shop
- Safety Minded
- Already has or is willing to obtain a CDL
- Embodies BX Core Values: Be Professional, Be Innovative, Be Safe, Be Trustworthy, Be Collaborative, Be Excellent
Schedule, Hours and Pay: The program will run from May through August (or as negotiated). The intern’s wage will be based on their skill and experience level as is all BXCC employees. Interns will be required to work the same hours as required by the manager they are assisting.
BX Civil & Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer; minorities and women are encouraged to apply. BX Civil & Construction is a Drug Free workplace; pre-employment drug screen required.
****All application and pre-employment screening communications are sent to the email address you provide when applying.****