BX Civil & Construction is a heavy highway construction company providing services in concrete paving, guardrail, structure repair, erosion control and other various areas. As a leader in our industry, we work with state-of-the-art equipment and technology and are always looking to develop the workforce of our future.
BX Civil & Construction developed the Construction Discovery Shadow Program to expose young people to the heavy highway construction field.
What is the Construction Discovery Shadow Program?
• 20-hour time commitment:
o On-site observatory experience at jobsites within the area
o Small, manageable sessions with plenty of time for questions
o Flexible scheduling based on student availability
o All personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for the student
• Shadow and talk with professionals in the industry regarding:
o Project management
o Field technology
o Field supervision
o Equipment operation
• A free program for High School Students
o Limited space is available so apply early
Who is this program for?
• High school students who are:
o Grades 10-12
o Interested in starting their career in construction upon graduating high school.
o Interested in attend a trade school or community college focusing on Construction Management, Heavy Equipment Operator, or Diesel Mechanics.
o Interested in pursuing post-secondary education at a 4-year college majoring in civil engineering or construction management.
o Interested in options for summer work between post-secondary class schedules.
• Interested students must complete the application process and attend an informational meeting with their parents prior to beginning the program.
• Program waiver signed by parent and student prior to beginning the program.
• Student must be able to get to and from the BX Project Office in Dell Rapids on their own for scheduled sessions.
• Understand this is strictly an observatory program and students will not be allowed to participate in the work being done.
Your application was submitted successfully.