The Experienced Lead Fleet Mechanic will maintain all company fleet equipment and vehicles in addition to maintaining a neat and orderly shop environment. Work with Management to optimize maintenance schedules and shorten equipment downtime. Must be a self starter with excellent communication skills, a desire to succeed and the ability to think outside the box.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate task needs with Equipment Manager
- Train and oversee less experienced mechanics
- Perform work including:
- Construction equipment maintenance and repairs
- Light, medium and heavy duty truck repairs and maintenance
- Basic hydraulic repairs and maintenance
- Clean and organize shop equipment and area
- Building maintenance
- Tool and equipment safety
Credentials and Experience
- Experience Preferred
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- Must Obtain Class A CDL within 6 Months of Employment. Training Available.
- Service Truck Experience Preferred
- Welding Experience is PLUS
- Must be willing to participate in company wide safety goals.
- Independent Spirit - ability to recognize what needs to be done and get it done
- Ownership & Accountability - willingness to take responsibility for one's self and your choices/decisions
- Willing to work overtime, out of town and weekends when needed during construction season
- Willing to travel to job site to perform maintenance and repairs. May require overnight stay.
- Quick Learner
- Problem Solver
- Must like variety
Below are some of the benefits BX Civil & Construction offers their employees, eligibility requirements may apply:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment / Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Work Boot Reimbursement
- Savings Bonus Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
BX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage and value a diverse workforce. BX is a Drug Free workplace; pre-employment drug screen required; pre-employment physical may be required. We use E-Verify. BX Civil and Construction is looking for honest, hard-working men and women who love solving problems and working with people.
****All application and pre-employment screening communications are sent to the email address you provide when applying.****